Mirus Restaurant Solutions, a well-established SaaS company serving the restaurant industry and headquartered in Houston, is seeking a Controller to become part of its leadership team. The position will report to the CEO, and will oversee financial reporting, accounting and payroll, contract review, and as part of the leadership team, provide strategic direction and operational excellence. Experience with SaaS and/or the restaurant industry is highly desired. The right candidate will become an important driver of future growth and profitability and will be considered for advanced leadership position.
The Right Person Has
Vision - the Controller should have the ability to help the senior team identify industry trends and new opportunities for growth.
Mentoring - the ability to teach and develop team members in the Company.
Passion - the desire to build something bigger than yourself.
- Plan, direct and review financial reporting and accounting functions, AP, AR, cash receipts, collections, Payroll, and labor reporting
- Prepare monthly Board packs
- Coordinate activities related to audits by external audit firm
- Prepare federal and state franchise tax returns
- Establish and refine internal controls to safeguard company assets. Monitor and update policies and procedures as required to improve risk management
- Hire, train and retain accounting staff. Prepare and coordinate new employee training.
- Manage the month-end and year-end close processes, including account reconciliations
- Develop client contract and proposal rates and conditions
- Manage and maintain operational and sales budgets
- Other duties as assigned
Technical Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully execute financial strategies that ensure long-term stability of the company
- Risk assessment and mitigation; leading practices in internal controls
- Improve reporting, forecasting, and monthly close
- Budget management
- SaaS experience preferred
- Restaurant (multi-unit) experience would be an asset, but not mandatory
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous base salary and performance-based bonus
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration required.
- At least seven years as a senior level financial professional with insights into business operations beyond finance
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.